Some great Christmas shopping advice from the Frugal Rules website….
· Hit the clearance racks: Now’s a great time to buy summer items for loved ones and friends and they’re some good, inexpensive options out there if you value shop.
· Give your time/talents: Personal gift certificates redeemable for a dinner out or time together are great for grandparents, grand kids, nieces, nephews, etc.
· Have a plan and keep an eye out: Be organized and have a plan for who you will buy for and how much you will spend for each person. Then, simply search the internet or outlets stores for those items and be relentless; don’t settle for paying more than you bargain for.
· Look for ways to save on other Christmas expenses: Coordinate a potluck instead of a big meal out. Drive or take the bus with a close family member to see extended family.
· Plan for next year: Take notes as you get through this Christmas and ensure that you put away money each month in 2018 with the goal of making next Christmas easier to make happen than this year.